Saturday, September 22, 2012

I live in England.... wow!

Hiya mates!


Things finally seem to be settling down a little. I have been quite busy, but just the norm... with lesson planning, marking, going to church, and trying to take full advantage of my weekends... IN ENGLAND. I've know I've been in England, but today it just hit me. I was sitting with a friend (Hannah) from school outside at a pub in Arundel. We were overlooking a river, a field with cows and part of the South Downs and saw a train passing. It was the most epic realization... This is where I'm living for the next year.  Arundel is a beautiful place and I will definitely visit there again. Hannah and I met at the castle entrance, walked around a beautiful lake, visited the Cathedral and ended at Black Rabbit. What a glorious day. The weather was perfect!

 There are cows in that photo. In the background is the castle.
 Here's the Black Rabbit... a great pub. Hannah was a photographer before a teacher and so she loves to take random photos of me... and I do enjoy just playing along. Also, I love the woman's smile in the background of the photo. I'm glad I entertained someone.

Those are the South Downs in the distance. I took this while waiting for the train back to Chichester. Funny how when I arrived to Chichester, I felt like I was home... or at least in a familiar city.

A zoomed in photo of the previous one. 

Hannah took this on our walk around the lake. There were so many interesting trees as this along our walk. I do love this photo. 

Another view of the castle. Next time I visit Arundel I do want to visit the castle. Anyone up for a visit with me?














While I do have loads of fun on the weekends, I do work very hard during the week! I find teaching a challenge, especially having to deal with the behaviour of the students. To lighten the stress I face at school, for our Open Evening that we had for Year 6s looking to come to The Academy, I dressed up in a roulette wheel - it was Hannah's idea :). Here are some photos of that dress. The students definitely enjoyed it. And some of my students told me the next day at school that I was pretty cool. At least some of them can appreciate me.

  I was a roulette wheel because of the dice, money and numbers. The other teacher was the Mad Hatter from Alice and Wonderland.


This was at Fancy Dressing Up? - the shop where we got this hideous dress. 


This was the other roulette dress... but it just wasn't appropriate for school as there were no sleeves and it was too short. Ah well, I still had fun trying it on.












Okay, there you have it for now. I'm doing well. I'm so blessed to have awesome friends at school and at the church I've been going to. I would still appreciate prayer as I figure out how to engage my students at the school.

Love to you all,

Kristen

1 comment:

  1. Wow! That green dress makes me yellow with envy. Or should that be green? I better get my liver checked.

    ReplyDelete