Thursday, May 7, 2009

Choma

After being in the capital city for 1 and a half days, Choma is very small in comparison. After Bishop picked me up 3 hours later than he told me (still in African time ) we made a 5.5 hour journey to Choma. Along the way we saw many street sellers selling things like bananas, sugar, sweet potatoes, ect. Let me say, too, that by 6:30 it was pitch black. So I often didn't even see that there were people on the side of the streets until pulling over.

Today I met a passed salter who extended her stay and will have been here for 3 years at the end of August. It was really great to ask her questions and meet some people. She even invited me to Sunday evenings Bible study. I'm glad she's here and lives close so if I need some help, she can do that.

Mrs. Bishop told me today that there is opportunity for me to teach at the Basic school (grade 1-9). I was terrified when she first told me, so I asked what she meant. She clarified and said that I will be watching a teacher and then when I'm ready I will teach. I start Monday she said, so if any of you have children's songs I could teach the students here, please send me a list.

I will have the opportunity to check the email each evening, but it's so slow, so I think I will just do it occasionally. Anyway, there is so much to take in and very little time to tell you all everything. Looking forward to my return to show you pictures and tell you stories.

Please continue to pray for me as I adjust.

Peace,
Kristen

No comments:

Post a Comment