Monday, May 4, 2009

I'm here!!

I'm here!! Right now, I'm in Lusaka! Landing in Lusaka at 6am was great. I wasn't able to see any animals from the plane, because it was still very dark, but I did see the red sun rise like people who've been to Africa sometimes talk about. The Bishop, whom I'm staying with, had a funeral to do today and therefore was unable to pick me up, but arranged MCC workers to get me. So I'm staying in the MCC guesthouse for the day. I'm actually very thankful for this; it is nice to talk about some things like what is appropriate, what is not appropriate, etc. Driving from the airport to the guesthouse there was so much newness and I haven't had the time to process it. One thing I saw was a lot of bikes on the sides of the road carrying vegetation or coal. The MCC workers here said that they've seen people carrying furniture on their bikes. Another thing I noticed is that the soil here is such a bright red and very few of the streets have any names. Anyway, I'm beat, so I'm going to go have a shower and rest.

Blessings,
Kristen

1 comment:

  1. Yippee!! You are safe!!!!! So much to see and learn - enjoy Kristen! Love ya, Mom

    ReplyDelete